Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Something Big is Happening

Maddy here!

Yesterday at about 3:00 pm Dave and Em'ly came home and hardly acknowledged tucker and me. Em'ly grabbed a suitcase that had been packed for a while now, and Dave took a shower. I knew something big was up, because Dave got in a hurry in the shower, and nicked himself with the razor pretty bad. Em'ly was grabbing the pillows like they do when we go on a trip. It didn't seem like we were going on this trip, because they didn't pack any of our dog things. I was hoping to put on my good dog routine and see if I could get them to take me and Tucker. I even went into my crate on my own, and laid there without being told. Then something weird happened last night. The really nice neighbor from across the street came by and let Tucker and me out to potty. She fed us, and then went back home. She did it again this morning. She said something about a baby. . . More to come. . .
. . . Whoa! stop the presses. Dave just came home, and put some little knit thing in front of me and Tucker. It looked like a stocking cap, but it was way to small for Dave or Em'ly, and they know that Tucker and I don't like hats. We sniffed it, and it smelled like someone had already worn it. Dave said something about a little boy named William Henry weighing 8 pounds and 6 ounces. Dave also said that he was born at 6:01 P.M. last evening (the 9th.) I don't know what all that means, but I like little boys. I need someone else to play with. Maybe they will bring this boy around here some time to play. Things definitely seem to have changed around here somehow.

We'll keep you posted,

Maddy (for Me and Tucker)

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Congrats on you new son! Hope delivery went well! Can't wait to meet him!

krista said...

Congratulations! William is one lucky boy to have you two for parents. Hope to meet him very soon!

Unknown said...

It is good to be abe to look at these pictures of my grandson Will and his Mom and Dad since I don't live in the same town with them. I have to drive for 2 1/2 hours to do see them. I hope they will come to my house when the weather is okay to travel in.
Love,
Grandma Betsy